University Innovation and Technology Support Office (UITSO)
Innovation & Technology Support Office
ABOUT BULSU ITSO
The ITSO is a franchise of the IPO-PHL and is subject to all the requirements and obligations dictated by the MOA between the two parties. The office was established to promote IP in the academe and to utilize the research outputs of the university in technology and industry. The research outputs shall be given protection by applying for IP rights duly attributed to the IP creators.
The University and the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) entered a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) initially signed on 16 October 2012, which was subsequently renewed for the third time in February 2020. The MOA established the University’s Innovation and Technology Support Office (ITSO).
The ITSO is under the supervision of the Research Management Office (RMO) through the Research Support Services (RSS).
Official Ranked by IPO-PHL
Under the “Bronze Cluster” in 2021.
FUNCTIONS OF ITSO
The office shall be responsible for the following.
- Provide information about intellectual property (IP).
- Provide IP services for university clients.
- Recommend appropriate IP protection for products to be commercialized.
- Assist creators in the IP application process.
- Conduct IP knowledge and skills trainings and seminars.